Sadness

Several times a week, I wonder about posting and decide it's not the day, but...tonight is different. Sadness overwhelms me tonight. First of all, I'm hormonal (which never helps). My baby girl is leaving for her second year of college tomorrow. Two weeks from now will be the first anniversary of my mother's death. I've found that the anticipation of these anniversaries is usually worse than the day itself.



I guess with Sarah leaving once again that I'm reminded of a year ago. My mother was so sick, and I was torn between the two. I didn't have time to grieve for either one fully. My poor mama had become a sick lady I hardly recognized. My baby girl was leaving, and I couldn't give that the attention it needed.



I sit and wonder what this fall will bring. Will this be the "first year" of our empty nest? There are so many uncertainties... so many unresolved feelings...such sadness.

Comments

It sounds like it was a hard time for you! I hope spring brings you new things and happier times!
It sounds like it was a hard time for you! I hope spring brings you new things and happier times!

Popular posts from this blog

Last train to....Grand Central Station